J. Stephens Interiors
Designer Tip: If budgeting for valances, do not forget to factor in the pole and brackets.
SJM DESIGN GROUP (subsidiary) THE IRON CURTAIN
2. Contemporary. contemporary space, hier ist ein großartiges Beispiel. For those who wonder if a volant can work in a contemporary space, here is a great example. Not only does the designer come with a volant, but it’s also a heavily draped and cascading, in a room where the paint blocks the flooring and the furniture is anything but stale. That’s the success of the treatment depends on its stylized cascades (the pieces that hang down) and the way the stark orange outline contrast and a clean line. A straight cornice board or a kick pleated flounce (boxy in shape) have clean lines as well, but the layers of fabric here adds softness and dimension.
3. Rustic. A cornice is basically a piece of wood covered with fabric. But have you considered dropping the fabric and coloring only the wood? Wood valances often cover the roller mechanism of woven wood shade, and this has the same appeal. Layer it over woven wood if you want, or leave it alone or through curtains as an organic accent in a modern room or a woody cabin.
Talianko Design Group, LLC
4. Beach bum. Grown up in cold Connecticut as an avid Jimmy Buffett fan, I’m a sucker for all things tropical. Of course, this photo has its way into my own renovation dreams. The tiki hut volant graces a kid in the room, but I bet some adventurous and playful adults among us would not hesitate to whimsical this treatment in a mudroom, bedroom, bar or covered lanai – really a serene mood is desired throughout.
Smith Firestone Associates
5. Glam. Maybe it’s the pink or the grand prank of the ruched fabric at the flounce, but one thing is for sure: this room is the epitome of boudoir-glamor. Unbelievable radiance, edgy and feminine, the contrast of black and pink is simultaneously stimulating and inspiring. I imagine a modern Marilyn Monroe seal of love, notes with painted kiss, a glass of pink champagne stood.
McMullin Design Group
6. On the street. Camper and RV windows are very rare, and since they are often way into the wild, anyway, they do not always scream for full coverage. Here, a s – simple flounce in an indoor-outdoor fabric provides the perfect dosage of color.If you can not stand it, leaving your passion for home decor, it’s one of the only places in such tight spaces where you can communicate your design theme.
Orange Coast Interior Design
Designer Tip: If you would rather not see the behind your cornice or flounce, it can be made with returns on both sides. A return is a flap of tissue (or a continuation of the cornice), turns back to the wall, lending a clean, finished edge.
CapeRace Cultural Adventures
Designer Tip: A rod-pocket valance with a 2-inch header ruffle-about as a country, as a window can get treatment. Tie-top or button-top valances are also suitable and offer the greatest potential for sneaking multiple fabrics in one treatment as the buttons and ties can be seen in contrasting fabrics for the ultimate in shabby-chic look.
Debra Campbell design
9. French Provincial. A generation-old fascination among decorators, the American interpretation of French country style practically begs for a sweet cafe valance, especially in the food and cooking areas, where French country style shines brightest. For many people, the hallmarks of this look are home dangers, mostly in the fabric choices: textiles from Provence, tapestry prints and a Mediterranean palette. You will feel as if you are in Avignon every time you leave your kitchen window.
10. Masculine is. Far from being a uniquely feminine lust, a volant fabric can dress up a man’s office too. As with many things decorating, few precious materials, prints, fibers or furniture are exclusively male or female (or modern versus traditional, for that matter). As a rule, the frame, the space and the mixture of design elements nudge a space in one direction or another. In this case, the wood and leather combined with the bespoke build up of the chocolate brown top treatment for a man-friendly office.